Happy Valentine’s Day everybody! If you have a valentine today, good for you. If you don’t, well don’t worry we are in this together. Chances are we are just too sexy to handle.
This Log Book post is probably as unprofessional as it’s going to get, so here it is:
- Google’s new logo.
- Google shows it’s friendly non scary and stalkerish side through “Map Your Valentine“. It asks you for your email, your Valentine’s email, and a place where you’ve both been and hopefully from which you have some pretty sweet memories. And of course you’ll have to write a message. Unfortunately it doesn’t come with a pre-written message, so unless you want to send it empty, you’ll just have to write something sweet and witty and nice. At this point it will send an email to the Valentine, with a Google Map attached in the shape of a heart, with a double cursor instead of the usual one. Nerdiness factor: 8. Sweetness factor: 5 by default. It could go up if the message is nice.
- Chocolate and Hearts – Epic Meal Time. For those of you who don’t know, Epic Meal Time is a group of Canadians (yeeee) who live by the mantra that anything is better with bacon. They are also probably the only humans who would put a T-Rex to shame in terms of who’s a bigger carnivore. The video and the rest of the entries are right after the break.
- Our next video comes from Aperture Laboratories, and it gives a few pointers and statistics about Valentine’s Day gift buying, such as the fact that “Four out of five people are crushed to death by giant diamonds every day” or the fact that “Queen bees are provoked by displays of human affection.”
- The ever-awesome and nerdy XKCD (it’s old but so what? It still applies).
- And love in the words of one of the greatest bands ever, the Beatles.
This is about it in terms of real entries. You should also keep in mind that Valentine’s Day is one of the few days when EVERYONE can watch romantic movies and comedies without being judged. This includes bros. So you know, go on Netflix or wherever you go to get your movies and watch something appropriate (in no particular order): Casablanca, The Notebook, Dirty Dancing, Titanic, Norring Hill, Gone With the Wind, Grease, Pretty Woman, Wall-e, Love Actually, Valentine’s Day(yeah it was sort of bad, but it’s still fair game), The Perfect Man, Bridget Jones, When a Man Loves a Woman, 50 First Dates, Wimbledon, When Harry Met Sally, There’s Something About Marry, The Holiday, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Shakespeare in Love, Sleepless in Seattle, Something’s Gotta Give, West Side Story, Across the Universe, or Mamma Mia!
How many have I seen of the above? Around 90%. What can I say, my mom likes them and they aren’t that bad. Most form the list above are actually quite good.
And now last but not least, a few Valentine’s Day appropriate quotes said by people who are better with words than I am.
Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold. ~Zelda Fitzgerald
Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely. ~Hawkeye in M*A*S*H
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you. ~Winnie the Pooh
Love – a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. ~Author Unknown
Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. ~Robert Frost
Love is being stupid together. ~Paul Valery
I don’t pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you. ~Author Unknown
When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever. ~Author Unknown
Each moment of a happy lover’s hour is worth an age of dull and common life. ~Aphra Behn
You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr Seuss
If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? ~Author Unknown